Thai Peanut Chicken and Sweet Potato Noodles are a healthy and gluten-free twist on your favorite Thai takeout order. Easy, colorful, and delicious!
我们在假日季节的厚度，当时每餐的每餐都吃烘焙食品的冲动是非常真实的。我在社交媒体上看到了几个姜糖蜜和烟囱曲柄饼干食谱，以至于我直接向上摔跤圣诞老人。你能联系吗？That, coupled with the fact that Ben keeps bringing home full sized Snickers bars (why oh why do they have to pair so well with a cabernet night cap?!) means I’ve been even more intentional than usual about cooking healthy meals at home so I don’t have to think twice about indulging a little extra over the next month or so.
In addition to my Christmas cookie cravings, I’ve also been dreaming about a big bowl of gluten-free Pad Thai from my favorite Thai restaurant here in town. In the spirit of making healthy choices though, I decided to make a healthy, Pad Thai(ish) dish at home. Thai Peanut Chicken and Sweet Potato Noodles swaps rice noodles for vitamin-rich sweet potato noodles, and will curb your craving for take out in just 15 minutes!
If you’ve been on the fence about ordering a spiralizer, or asking for one for the holidays, this dish is going to send you over the edge. It. Is. Incredible! Skinny spiralized sweet potatoes are sauteed with broccoli and chopped chicken then tossed with an easy peanut sauce made with 100% fridge and pantry staples. Like I said, this dish goes from skillet to bowl in 15 minutes, which is a fraction of the time it takes to pick up take out or wait for the delivery driver to arrive – plus it’s a TON healthier.
If you’re like me and wanting to indulge without the guilt this holiday season, whip up this light and tasty dish tonight – and fight your dining partner for the leftovers to take for lunch the next day. Trust me when I say, if you don’t, you’ll regret it!
首先将泰国花生酱成分搅拌，所有这些都在手头上！那是2汤匙花生酱，3汤匙无麸质鸡汤，1-1 / 2汤匙低钠无麸质Tamari或酱油，1/2汤匙米醋，1茶匙每次无麸质辣椒酱油酱and芝麻油，1/4茶匙地下姜，and1 clove minced garlic.
将酱汁放在一边，然后剥落和修剪2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, and then send them through your spiralizer fitted with the skinnest noodle blade. I used my Paderno Spiralizer for these guys.Psst!螺旋剂将为您生命中的美食家制作这么伟大的圣诞节或节日礼物 - 这是如此乐趣和多功能！
好的，时间做饭！加热一个大，12″ skilletover medium-high heat with1/2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oilthen add2 chicken breasts切成一口大小的碎片。季节有saltand胡椒然后炒，直到煮熟，然后舀鸡在盘子上并放在一边。
Turn the heat down a touch then add2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oilto the skillet plus the sweet potato noodles and2杯西兰花小花。季节有盐和胡椒then saute for 5 minutes. Next add1/4 cup waterto help soften the noodles and continue sauting, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potato noodles are al dente, another 3-5 minutes. If you want your sweet potato noodles on the softer side, continue cooking, but just know they might break up into smaller pieces.
Last step is to add the chicken back into the skillet along with the Thai peanut sauce then toss until everything is well coated and heated through.
Thai Peanut Chicken and Sweet Potato Noodles
- 2-1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 chicken breasts (14oz,) cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled then spiralized using thinnest blade, noodles slightly trimmed
- 1/4 cup water
- Toppings: chopped peanuts, green onions, chopped cilantro
- For the Thai peanut sauce:
- 3 Tablespoons gluten-free chicken broth
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons low-sodium gluten-free Tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free chili garlic sauce (or more)
- Whisk together Thai peanut sauce ingredients then set aside.
- Turn heat down to a little above medium then add remaining 2 Tablespoons oil. Add sweet potato noodles and broccoli, season with salt and pepper, then saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water then saute until noodles are al dente, another 3-5 minutes (if you like a softer sweet potato continue cooking but know that the noodles will break up a bit.) Add chicken back into the skillet along with the Thai peanut sauce then toss until the noodles are well coated and everything is heated through. Scoop into bowls then serve with toppings.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, //www.safways.com.