林肯昨天下雪的一天从学校,制作h we learned about after receiving three phone calls, two emails, and an app update all before 6:30am. What a time to be alive! Why, back in my day, my brothers and I had to huddle around the television screen at the crack of dawn, praying for our school’s name to crawl across the bottom of the screen informing us of our district’s decision. Snow day at best, regular day at worst, 2-hour delay somewhere in between.
- 牧羊人的VS Cottage Pie。I understand that shepherd’s pie is traditionally made with minced lamb meat and anything made with ground beef is considered “cottage pie” but here in the states – or Iowa rather, I guess I can’t speak for the whole country – it’s still called Shepherd’s Pie. No disrespect!
- Oven Safe Skillet.To make this recipe you’ll need a large, 10+” OVEN SAFE SKILLET.这是我拥有的搪瓷铸铁煎锅。
- Homemade vs Store Bought Mashed Potatoes.The Suzy Homemaker in me wants to tell you that homemade mashed potatoes are a must for this recipe, but honestly, my Mom makes this dish with Bob Evan’s pre-made mashed potatoes, which are gluten free, and they are incredible. Either way is fine!
下一个补充worcestershire sauce（lea＆perrin在各州无麸质，）和tomato paste然后搅拌结合。撒上gluten-free flour然后搅拌和煮1分钟。
Slowly drizzle inbeef stockwhile stirring to avoid lumps then simmer until the mixture has thickened, 3-4 minutes. Taste then add more seasoned salt and/or pepper if necessary.
Take the skillet off the heat then stir in冷冻蔬菜。I just use a standard medley.
Last step is to spoonprepared mashed potatoeson top then spread into an even layer and brush with a mixture ofmelted butterand蒜粉。Use a fork to give the mashed potatoes a rustic look, which will also help the ridges brown in the oven. You can use your own mashed potato recipe, or store bought, OR I’ve included my go-to recipe in the notes section of the recipe card below.
Bake the Skillet Shepherd’s Pie for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees then finish with a blast from the broiler to really brown the top. Let sit for 5 minutes before digging in and serving up. I hope you love this hot and comforting dish – enjoy!
- Skillet Tater Tot Casserole
- Cheesy Chicken Burrito Skillet
- Italian Rice Ball Skillet
- Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chicken Enchilada Skillet
free email bonus!
5.Day Clean Eating Guide
Skillet Shepherd's Pie is comfort in a dish! Take from the stovetop to the oven, and then the dinner table. This gluten-free dinner recipe is a family favorite.
- 1lb ground beef
- 胡椒and homemade seasoned salt (see notes for salt recipe)
- 3.cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- big pinch each dried thyme, dried rosemary, dried parsley
- 1Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1Tablespoon gluten-free worcestershire sauce
- 2Tablespoons gluten-free flour OR all-purpose flour (dish will not be GF if using AP flour)
- 1-1/2 cups gluten-free beef stock
- 1-1/4 cups frozen vegetable medley
- 4.cups prepared mashed potatoes (see notes for recipe)
- 2Tablespoons butter or vegan butter, melted
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- Place an 12" or largeroven-safe skilletover medium high heat then add ground beef and shallots. Season with自制经验丰富的盐胡椒，然后棕色。加入大蒜和干燥的草药，然后搅拌1分钟或直至大蒜非常香。加入番茄酱和伍斯特郡酱汁然后搅拌结合。撒上面粉然后搅拌结合并煮1分钟。
- Spoon mashed potatoes on top of meat and vegetables then spread into an even layer. Combine butter and garlic powder in a small dish then use a pastry brush or spoon to brush or drizzle the garlic butter on top. Run a fork around the mashed potatoes like recipe photos.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until dish is bubbly. Place under broiler set to high to get the top golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Click here for myHomemade Seasoned Salt recipe >
- My mashed potato recipe (makes 4-1/2ish cups):Peel then chop 2lbs russet potatoes and add to a large pot of cold water. Bring to a boil then cook until potatoes are tender, 8-10 minutes, and then drain. Add 1/3 cup (5 Tablespoons) butter or vegan butter, 1/2 cup milk (any kind -I used unsweetened almond milk,) salt, and pepper to the pot then add potatoes and mash until smooth. Alternatively you could rice the potatoes into the pot with the milk and butter then stir to combine. Measure out 4 cups then use remaining potatoes for something else. Mashed potatoes can be made several days ahead of time.