We are T-minus 17 days, 2 hours, 21 minutes, and 13…12…11… (ok) seconds away from the kickoff to summer Farmer’s Market season, people! Can I get a hip-hip-hoor… Too much too early? (Told you I was amorning person！）
Either way, I’m so excited we officially we made it through the season that shall not be named. Except my poor friends in Denver – what in the world is happening in Denver?! I’m thinking you are more than ready to say goodbye to the fresh pow pow until next season.
Clearly the fragrance of blossoming trees and flowers perfuming the neighborhood has gone to my head, or maybe it’s the colors in this gorgeous plate of food that have got me in a tizzy, but spring is undeniably here and I’m celebrating with a big plate of Pasta with Roasted Spring Vegetables and Marinated Mozzarella!
今年我致力于每月至少两次去农民的市场。我和我的妈妈是子女多年，但林肯出生后，我被夏天扔掉了我的比赛，因为我们总是必须为他的早晨午睡而竞争，并且永远不会回到凹槽中。今年他已经努力真正享受活泼的音乐，农民的市场零食（芒果上棒，果仁果酱等）和新鲜样品加热器，所以底线 - 我们已准备好将我们的回归作为农民的市场常规。
诚实没有tonof variety to choose from in early spring in the Midwest, but what we做have in abundance are the foods I’ve included in this fresh and fabulous meatless pasta recipe (which would be delicious with a grilled steak or chicken breast.) I hate leaving the market empty handed, but will be able to stock up on local vegetables and herbs like asparagus, radishes, snap peas, onions, basil, and chives, which are roasted to perfection in this dish, when we head there in a couple weeks.
Two things I’ll say now so you don’t miss it – this recipe makes a TON of food but is easily halved or even quartered, and if you don’t like any of the spring vegetables I’ve included here (though promise me you’ll give roasted radishes a try – they taste nothing like they do raw!) you can use whatever you love and/or is in season where you live. You’ll just need 10-12 cups raw spring vegetables total. Told you this recipe feeds a crowd! ;)
Start by roasting the fresh spring vegetables. This dish is not only great to make after coming home from the Farmer’s Market, but at the end of the week to use up whatever you have leftover in your蔬菜盒！！
Line twosheet pans用箔然后用不粘锅的spr喷雾ay, and then divide4.cups broccoli florets(about 1 bunch/2 small heads,)1bunch radishescut into wedges (about 1-1/2 cups,) and1红洋葱切成1“部分之间。淋上蔬菜特级初榨橄榄油，大蒜盐，andpepper然后在425度涂上涂上10分钟的涂抹10分钟。
Like I said – give radishes a try in this dish even if you don’t like them raw. They are so abundant (read: CHEAP!) around this time of year and get nice and mild-tasting once they’re roasted. Your family will probably think they’re eating red skinned potatoes!
While the vegetables are roasting, toss2cups snap peas(we have been eating these like CRAZY lately – so sweet!) and1bunch asparagus随后被修剪成2英寸的长度，用额外的初榨橄榄油，大蒜盐和碗中的胡椒。分裂在两个烤盘之间，然后用刮刀搅拌一切，并继续烘烤8-10分钟或直到蔬菜脆嫩嫩，但没有过度煮沸。
When the vegetables go into the oven for the second time, add12oz gluten-free(or regular if you don’t need to eat GF)中切面like rotini into a big vat of salted boiling water then cook until al dente. Scoop out 1 cup pasta cooking water then drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
While the pasta is cooking, get your mozzarella cheese ready.
您通常可以在杂货店的熟食店或特种肉类/奶酪部分找到腌制迷你毛盐干酪奶酪球，如果您只能找到普通的迷你毛救干酪奶酪球 - 没有汗水，这道菜将成功！你需要一个8oz container of marinated mini cheese balls，需要切成两半。
Once the pasta has been drained and returned to the pot, add1/4杯腌制奶酪油then stir to combine. The scent of this flavorful oil hitting the hot pasta is so Heavenly. Again, if you can’t find marinated cheese, just use plain extra virgin olive oil here.
Everybody into the pool! To the pasta add the roasted vegetables,1/4.cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, 2 Tablespoons each chopped fresh basilandchives,and the halved mini mozzarella cheese balls then stir to combine. Add enough of the reserved pasta cooking water (or splashes of chicken broth if you always forget to reserve the water like me – whoops!) to create a thin sauce then season with additional salt and pepper to taste (you will likely need lots – this is a TON of food.)
Scoop onto plates then serve it up hot!
Receive a 7 day gluten-free meal plan for subscribing!
Pasta with Roasted Spring Vegetables and Marinated Mozzarella
- 4.cups broccoli florets (about 2 heads)
- 1红洋葱, chopped into 1” cubes
- 1bunch radishes, trimmed then cut into wedges (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 2cups snap peas
- 1bunch asparagus, trimmed then chopped into 2” lengths (about 2 cups)
- 12oz medium-cut pasta like rotini
- 2Tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 8oz marinated mini mozzarella cheese balls, sliced in half + 1/4 cup of the marinating oil (see note)
- Once vegetables go back into the oven the second time, add pasta to boiling water then cook until al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water then drain pasta and return to the pot. Add mozzarella cheese marinating oil, parmesan cheese, the roasted vegetables, fresh basil, and fresh chives then stir to combine. Add mozzarella cheese then stir to combine. Taste then add more salt, pepper, and/or reserved pasta cooking water until desired taste and consistency is reached, and then serve.
- Use whatever spring vegetables you like in this dish - just make sure they total 10-12 cups of chopped vegetables.
- If you can only find regular mini mozzarella cheese balls, that's fine! Just use regular extra virgin olive oil to dress the cooked pasta.
Sweet, roasted spring vegetables, punchy fresh herbs, and man oh man, that warm marinated mozzarella cheese? This pasta with roasted spring vegetables totally knocks it out of the park. Hope you are able to enjoy often over the next couple of months, swapping spring vegetables for summer ones when the time comes. Enjoy!