Like a little black dress, the recipe for Cheese Enchiladas with Red Sauce is something you should keep in your back pocket at all times. It’s simple, timeless, and will never let you down. Plus, file the homemade red enchilada sauce smothering every nook and cranny of the cheese enchilada under: SPOON DRINK WORTHY!
That is to say I double pinky promise you’ll never buy canned enchilada sauce again once you get a taste of my homemade recipe, which is made from 100% pantry staples in under 10 minutes. GAHHH, so good!
Cheese Enchiladas as an Easy Dinner Recipe
你需要自制的奶酪馅饼three ingredients: corn tortillas, shredded Mexican cheese blend, and the aforementioned red enchilada sauce. Roll the tortillas around a sprinkling of cheese, line them up in a casserole dish, spread with sauce, then bake. BOOM! Dinner’s done.
How to Make Red Enchilada Sauce from Scratch
Tips for Making This Recipe
- 什么样的奶酪？I typically use a Mexican Cheese blend including Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Asadero, and Queso Quesadilla cheeses for my cheese enchiladas. I have also made these enchiladas with a Oaxaca and Asadero cheese blend which is fantastic.
- What kind of tortillas?Enchiladas通常用白色玉米饼制成，虽然如果您喜欢面粉玉米饼（这不是无麸质，FYI），那么您应该去它。我使用特派团的“超级软”系列GF白色玉米粉圆饼，这是良好和柔韧的。
- Hot or not?I use mild chili powder in the red enchilada sauce to keep the spice level at a 2-3 on a scale from 1-10, with 10 being super spicy. Feel free to use hot chili powder or add a pinch of cayenne pepper to spice things up.
Start the red sauce by heating植物油在越来越大的海水中的平底锅。添加gluten-free flour(or all-purpose flour though dish will not be GF if using AP flour) then whisk slowly and constantly for a minute. Next add辣椒粉，洋葱粉，干牛至，盐，蒜粉，和cuminthen whisk until the spices are very fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
添加tomato paste然后搅拌以组合，然后慢慢地流鸡汤while whisking to create a smooth sauce. Turn the heat up slightly to bring to a bubble, then turn back down to medium and simmer until the sauce has slightly thickened, 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
You can make the red enchilada sauce several days ahead of time – just warm it back up in the microwave or in a saucepan before using.
Step 2: Assemble the Cheese Enchiladas
Spread 1/2 cup red sauce into the bottom of a 9×13″ baking dish then sprinkleMexican奶酪混合进入一个中心corn tortilla和roll snugly. Place it seam side down into the baking dish then continue until the dish has been filled up. You should end up with 14-16 enchiladas.
As you can see, there’s still a little bit of cracking even after warming (and again, I use Mission’s “super soft” tortillas) but that’s OK! You’ll never know in the final dish because the whole thing is generously covered in red sauce next. Be sure that each tortilla is completely covered with sauce, as any uncovered portions of tortilla will end up tough and hard after baking.
Step 3: Cover and Bake the Enchiladas
最后一步是撒上更多shredded cheeseon top of the enchiladas then cover with nonstick sprayed foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
菜eNchiladas向上挖掘！我希望你喜欢这些令人难以置信，安慰，完全鲜美奶酪Enchiladas与红酱 - 享受！
- Mini Vegetable Enchilada Stacks
- Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- Roasted Poblano Salsa Chicken Enchiladas
- Black Bean and Sweet Potato Enchilada Skillet
- Crock Pot Shredded Beef Enchiladas
free email bonus!
5.Day Clean Eating Guide
- 16oz shredded Mexican cheese blend
- For the Red Enchilada Sauce:
- 3.Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2Tablespoons gluten-free flour OR all-purpose flour (dish will not be GF if using AP flour)
- 1/2teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano
- scant 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4.teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4.teaspoon cumin
- 2cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees then spray a 9x13" baking dish, or two smaller casserole dishes, with nonstick spray and set aside.
- For the Red Enchilada Sauce:Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat then add flour and whisk constantly for 1 minute. Add seasonings - chili powder through cumin - then whisk until the spices are toasted and very fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Add tomato paste then whisk until combined, and then slowly stream in chicken broth while whisking to create a smooth sauce. Turn heat up to medium-high then simmer until sauce has thickened, 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Cool slightly - can be made up to several days ahead of time. Warm before using.
- Assembly:Spread 1/2 cup enchilada sauce into the bottom of the baking dish then reserve 1 cup shredded cheese and set aside. Place 1 tortilla on a plate or cutting board then add 1/4 cup shredded cheese into the center and roll snugly. Place seam-side down into the baking dish then continue until the dish has been filled.
- Spoon enchilada sauce over the tops of the tortillas ensuring they are completely covered - uncovered spots will come out tough and hard - then sprinkle reserved cheese on top.
- Cover baking dish with nonstick sprayed foil then bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and sauce is hot and bubbly. Let enchiladas rest for 5 minutes then serve.
- I use mild chili powder to keep this on the low end of the heat scale - maybe 2-3 on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being mega spicy. Use regular or hot chili powder to spice things up!